5th grade CYO camp
Tour for prospective new parents of grades 1-8
No school -Teacher in-service
Date: 2/7/2015, 10 AM
Snack with your Child
|Show Calendar »|
|Show All »|
HAPPY CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK!
Catholic Schools' Week is the time set aside to celebrate what makes St. Brendan School and Catholic education special. This year’s theme is Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service. The theme highlights the fact that not only is St. Brendan School a community within itself but it is also part of many other communities, including your family, the parish, the city of San Francisco and the nation. In addition, the theme focuses on key components of Catholic education: faith development, academic excellence and dedication to service. These elements set St. Brendan Catholic School apart from other non-Catholic educational options. It is why you make sacrifices to provide a Catholic education for your children.
WHY IT IS ALL WORTH IT TO SEND YOUR CHILD TO ST BRENDAN SCHOOL
I am very aware of the sacrifices that you as parents make to send your child here to St. Brendan Parish School. You give of your time, your money and your talent. Words cannot express how grateful I am for the privilege you grant me to educate your children. However, I believe that you made the best decision ever and were right to do what you did, for the following reasons:
• We offer an education that combines Catholic faith and teachings with academic excellence
• We partner with you in the faith formation of your child
• We set high standards for your child’s achievement and help them succeed
• We provide a balanced academic curriculum athat integrates faith, culture and life.
• We use technology effectively to enhance education
• We instill in your children the value of service to others
• We teach your child respect of self and others
• We emphasize moral development and self-discipline
• We prepare your child to be productive citizens and future leaders
• We cultivate a faculty and staff of people, who are dedicated, caring and effective
• We provide a safe and welcoming environment for all
• We provide you with a community of people who help you raise your child
A Catholic school education is priceless!
ASSOCIATE SUPERINTENDENT GIVES GLOWING REPORT ON HER VISIT TO OUR SCHOOL
A few weeks ago, Ms. Pam Lyons, Associate Superintendent, spent the day visiting classrooms, meeting with Fr. Ted and Fr. Theo, looking at our files, and observing the procedures and routines of the school. She made an oral report to the faculty and to the school administration.
She found that the school’s Catholic identity was extremely strong and vibrant.
She noted the high degree of student engagement and learning taking place in the classrooms.
She complimented the teachers on their very apparent care and concern for the education of the whole child, and encouraged the teachers to continue to provide engaging instruction and curriculum.
Ms. Lyons was impressed with the way reading was being taught in all the grades. It is in line with the demands of the English Language Arts Common Core Standards. These standards are due for implementation in the next couple of years.
Ms. Lyons complimented the teachers for organizing their classroom environments in such a way that the 21st century skills of collaboration and communication were facilitated.
Finally, she was extremely impressed with how confident and mannerly the students were.
Over all, the visit proved to be extremely successful for us. Ms. Lyons will send a written report of findings to us in the near future.
|Show All »