St. Brendan students are future leaders, innovators, visionaries, and peacemakers. We believe it is our vocation to equip them with the skills and the values that will enable them to rise to the unknown challenges of the future. Our curriculum is designed to address the needs of the whole child, physically, emotionally, socially, spiritually, and intellectually.
The strength of a philosophy lies in its translation into specific standards toward which students can strive. Our learning expectations, "LIGHT", help our teachers develop students who are:
Life-Long Christians who:
- Participate in our faith community and serve others.
- Build on a spiritual relationship with God to strengthen their moral compass and values.
- Spread God's Word with empathy, tolerance, and love.
Informed Decision Makers who:
- Develop and utilize a well-formed conscience.
- Do what is right, even if it is not easy.
- Consider different points of view with respect and an open mind.
Global Citizens who:
- Actively promote Catholic social teachings.
- Make a positive impact on the world, both locally and globally, through their actions.
- Embrace differences and are inclusive to all.
Highly Effective Communicators who:
- Confidently present information and ideas in a public setting.
- Advocate for themselves and others with knowledge, sensitivity, diplomacy, and understanding.
- Express thoughts and concepts clearly and concisely, both orally and in written form.
Twenty-First Century Learners who:
- Work collaboratively and flexibly to create solutions.
- Demonstrate socially aware, analytical, and innovative thinking.
- Utilize technology appropriately to enhance learning.