The St. Brendan application process consists of five components:
1. After August 23, 2018 please call our office at (415) 731-2665 to schedule a tour. Tours are encouraged but not required in order to apply.
2. Submit the following by December 1, 2018:
- The completed Application Form;
- The completed Individual Evaluation Preference Form (Kindergarten only);
- A copy of the child’s baptismal certificate (if Catholic) or birth certificate (if non-Catholic);
- A copy of the applicant’s most recent report card (grades 1-6 only);
- A recent photograph of child with parents; and
- $60.00 application fee (non-refundable).
The forms will be provided at the tour but can be downloaded from the links on this page.
3. Download and print the Confidential Preschool Recommendation Form and give it to your child’s preschool teacher. The teacher will submit the recommendation to St. Brendan School directly. Please request that the form be submitted no later than December 14, 2018.
4. Schedule an Individual Child Evaluation:
- Individual evaluations may be scheduled on one of the following days: December 3, 4, 10, 11, and 12, 2018.
- Please submit the Individual Evaluation Preference Form, by which you may request particular dates and times. Please provide as many choices as you can. Parents who submit their child’s application before November 21, 2018 will receive priority in terms of screening choices and will receive their appointment schedule by November 27th.
- Evaluations are held in the convent (where our kindergarten classroom is located) at 234 Ulloa Street, and will take a total of approximately fifty (50) minutes.
- After screening, your family will meet with our principal, Ms. Lakatta, and our pastor, Fr. Roger Gustafson.
5. The children will also attend a group evaluation in the kindergarten classroom on Saturday, December 15, 2018.